DaVinci Resolve 101
This three-day, hands-on to Introduction to DaVinci Resolve teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the DaVinci Resolve's interface. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Resolve’s powerful advanced features.
Beginners learn to mark and edit clips, mix sound, add titles, create transitions, apply filters, and more. Topics include basic setup, customising preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, Ripple, Roll, Slip, and Slide tools, audio editing and audio creation, finishing and final output.
Who Should Attend?
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with DaVinci Resolve 14 and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
- Laptop that can run DaVinci Resolve
- QuickStart: Editing a One Minute Movie
- Organizing a New Project
- Assembling a Rough Cut
- Moving Clips in the Timeline
- Refining a Timeline
- Applying Transitions and Effects
- Working with Audio on the Edit Page
- Mixing Sound in Fairlight
- Quickstart: Color Correction
- Performing Primary Corrections
- Making Secondary Adjustments
- Designing Creative Looks
- Conforming from XML
- Delivering a Final Program
- Managing Media and Databases
- Editing Multicamera Productions
- Certification Exam